2016 Teen Summer Reading Program
Ottumwa Public Library
June 1- August 13, 2016
How it works:
- This program is for teens going into the 9th grade through 12th grade.
- Starting May 25th come to OPL to sign up and receive the reading log for June and July. The first 100 teens to sign up get a Taco Bell coupon!
- Finish the reading log and return it to the library before the end of July to receive a prize bag.
- Starting July 25th come to OPL to pick up your shortened reading for August.
- Finish the August reading log and return it to the library on or before August 12th to receive a prize.
- For each reading log you turn in (a limit of one per month, per teen) you will be entered into a drawing for the Summer Reading Program teen grand prize!
What can you win?!?!?! And the Grand Prize is...
A $100 Amazon Gift Card!
Second and third place will win a Summer Reading Program gift bag.
Want another chance to win the grand prize? Write a book review!Want to tell the world about a great book you just read? Write a review for the library! Your review will be published on the library’s website and will earn you another entry to win the Summer Reading Program Grand Prize! (Reviews are limited to one per month, per teen).
What’s Going on at the Library? Free Events!
- Every Friday Starting June 10-August 12 from 9AM-9:45AM: in Central Park: Teen BodyCombat Fitness class put on by Work it Out Fitness
- Every Friday Starting June 10-August 5 from 2pm-4pm: Teen Zone! Beat the heat by hanging out at the library. Watch movies, play games, eat snacks and hang out with your friends in this area only for teens.
- The fourth Wednesday of each month at 4PM: Teen Movie Club! Do you love movies? Do you want to learn about movie making while watching and discussing classic films? Then join the teen movie club!
- Saturday, August 13 from 3-5PM: End of summer reading program Teen Trivia Party! Come celebrate the end of Summer Reading Program by playing a trivia game and eating pizza! The Grand Prize winner will be announced at the end of the trivia game. (Please note, attendance at the trivia party is not required in order to win the Grand Prize).