Patrons will be able to view any or all of the 81 magazines the library is currently offering online or download them to their PCs, Macs, or mobile devices. All magazines come with simultaneous access which means if everyone in town wanted to read the current issue of Consumer Reports at the same time, they could (no waiting for any magazines). What’s more, magazines from Zinio will have no due dates. As long as the library maintains a subscription to a magazine, patrons will be free to read them on their electronic device.
Useful LinksTo sign up for the service patrons should visit http://www.ottumwapubliclibrary.org/zinio or they can click on the links provided on right-hand column of the library's website.
A handy guide to getting set up is available at http://bit.ly/oplzinio
Go to http://bit.ly/mags2013 to see a full list of titles available as of January 2013.
Steps to Sign-up
- Patrons will need to create two accounts to read magazines, an OPL/RB Digital account to browse and select magazines and a Zinio.com account to read the magazines they’ve selected.
- Go to http://www.ottumwapubliclibrary.org/zinio and click on “Create Account” to create your OPL/RB Digital account
- Enter your library card number and click “Validate”
- Fill out the form and click “Create Account”
- Go to your email. You will be emailed an activation link. When the email arrives click on the link to activate your account.
- Go to http://www.zinio.com and create a free Zinio.com account with the same email address you used to create your OPL/RB Digital account.
- Now you’re ready! Go back to http://www.ottumwapubliclibrary.org/zinio to log in and begin selecting the magazines you'd like to read.