2013 Summer Reading Program
June 1 - July 30, 2013
- For children through the age of 14
- Register at the library or online at summer.ottumwapubliclibrary.org
- Start reading books on June 1 to win prizes.
- Register your pages read online or at the library.
- Win your first prize after reading 200 pages.
- Prizes include: Pizza Hut Personal Pan Pizza coupons, Sonic Wacky Pack coupons, Iowa Cubs Baseball tickets, Blank Park Zoo passes, Sling Sacks, Sipper Cups, Silicone Watches, and various other novelties.
- After 2,500 pages your name will be entered into a drawing for the grand prize in your age group. Grand prizes include: birth-4 year old = personal trampoline, 5-10 year olds = $75 worth of gift cards to The Beach Ottumwa, The Ottumwa 8 Theatre, and Rock & Roll Dairy Bar & Raceway, 11-14 year olds= Kindle, and 14-19 year olds = $100 Amazon gift card.
- No entries will be accepted after July 29.
- All prizes should be picked up no later than Saturday, August 10.
- Dig into Reading with Dizzy the Pirate with Dizzy the Clown
- Tuesday, June 18, 10:30 a.m. at the Knights of Columbus Hall
- Creepy Crawlies with the Grout Museum
- Tuesday, June 25, 10:30 a.m. at the Knight of Columbus Hall
- 4th of July Crafts and Parade
- Tuesday, July 2, 10:30 a.m. at the Public Library
- Mime, Masks, and Magic presented by Fax Gilbert
- Tuesday, July 9, 10:30 a.m. at the Knights of Columbus Hall
- Amazing Reading with Mike Prestby
- Tuesday, July 16, 10:30 a.m. at the Knights of Columbus Hall
- Summer Carnival with Dizzy the Clown
- Tuesday, July 30, 10:30 a.m. in the library park
- Preschool Storytimes
- Join us each Friday at 10:30 a.m. starting Friday, June 14,in the Children's room of the library for fun stories and crafts.
- Book Clubs
- 2nd-3rd Graders, 4th-5th Graders, and 6th-8th Graders will all have book clubs that meet weekly. Limited space will be available in each club. Contact Jenna at 641-682-7563 ext 210 for details. Sign-up will begin on May 6, The elementary school book clubs will meet starting Monday, June 17, with the Middle School book club starting July 18.
Buried Somewhere in the Children's Library is Molly the Mole....
|Molly the Mole|